3rd India International Science Festival is to be held on 13-16th October 2017
The Union Ministry of Science and Technology is all set to organize a four day India International Science Festival from October 13. Union Science Minister Harsh Vardhan said that the fest, to be held in multiple venues, including Anna University, Central Leather Research Institute (CSIR-CLR) here, will feature a series of events.
Stating that the response to the fest was overwhelming, he said after the science festival, there “should be good quality scientific temper and passion.”
On the progress made by premier research institution CSIR (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research), he said the institution which last year was at the 12th position among about 1,200 government funded research institutions worldwide, had moved up to ninth rank as per the Scimago Institutions Ranking World Report 2017.
Science Village – 2017 is set to repeat the success and make a much greater attempt to reach out to the rural masses and propagate science to the extent of seeking scientific solutions to the diverse challenges facing our society, particularly the rural part of India. Students will undergo unique activities that shall cultivate scientific temper and encourage interest towards science.
Major Activities during the Festival will be:
- Special Thematic Session on ‘Deep Ocean Research’
- Science & Technology Minister’s Conclave
- Sensitizing Youth to Flagship Programs of Government (SYPOG)
- Science Village: Parliament to Panchayat’’
- National Meet on ‘Social Organisations and Institutions’: ‘Transforming India through Science & Technology’
- Women Scientists & Entrepreneur’s Conclave
- National Science Teachers Workshops (Focusing North East States)
- Industry-Academia Interaction
- Mega Science, Technology & Industry Expo
- India International Science Festival
- Grassroots Innovators Summit
- National Start-up Summit
- Round Table Meet on Mass Communication
- World Record attempt will be made in “Largest Biology Lesson”
- National Level Competitions – Ideas for Bharat Nirman
- Outreach Programme in R&D Labs
- Satellite Seminars
- Cultural Events
The prime goal of science village is to give exposure to the students from rural India and make them aware of India’s achievements in frontier areas of science & technology. The Science Village program is linked with the PradhanManthriSansadAdarsh Gram Yojana* through which each Member of Parliament will nominate 5 students and 1 teacher from their adopted village. The nominated students will be from class 9th – 11th standard. The expected student delegates this time are around 3000. It will be a lifetime opportunity for them to be a part of such a mega event under a single roof.
Don’t miss out this wonderful opportunity. Have science fun!!!