Measuring the length of the pencil.
- Ancient method – forearm, hand, or finger…
- Standard method – inches, feet or kilometer….
- One’s hand is not as the same size as another.
- Can’t able to measure a larger object or long distance.
- Not everyone accepts the same method.
- Confusion and waste of time.
- Worldwide standard
- Decimal system to measure little things.
- Easy to use
- Avoids error
Handspan: the maximum distance between the tips of the thumb and little finger
Cubit: an ancient measure of length, approximately equal to the length of a forearm
Metric units: a system of measurement in which the basic units are the meter, the second, and the kilogram
Measurement: the size, length, or amount of something, as established by measuring
Ancient: belonging to the very distant past and no longer in existence